Subject: Ethernet cards: which one?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <RiscBSD@unique.u-net.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/19/1997 12:29:29
Hi,

I've been away from the mailing list for a while and now find my self wanting
to set up an ethernet at home.  What is the corrent situation on the ethernet
drivers (have the interupt problems now been fixed?) and which would be the
best one to buy?

The network is going to be running over 10BaseT cabling with 3/4 machines.
We will be running Windows NT, Windows 95, Windows 3.11 and later Linux on 2
PCs with 3Com network cards.
My Risc PC will be running Risc OS, RiscBSD and Windows 95 on the PC card.
We may also add an A5000 at later date.

What would be the best ethernet card to get for my machine?

Are there any problems that we will hit?

All suggestions welcome.

Regards,
Mark J