Subject: ANNOUNCE: New test kernels
To: NetBSD port-arm32 <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/17/1997 18:39:21
Hi,
  Ok I have finally got to new test kernels built and on the ftp site
They are voy-4922 and sa110-4922.

These are test kernels as described below.

Note: These kernels do not have ICS IDE or ATAPI support.

Ok These kernels have new versions of the com and lpt drivers that use the
new bus space implemention. (as commited to the source tree)
They also have a new version of the floppy driver using the new bus space
stuff and an updated wd driver using the new bus space stuff (have not
done ATAPI patches for this yet).
The com driver has the bug fix for the GT665 combo chip
The new interrupt fixes are in so there should be no ibuf overflows.
You may still get some SILO overflows but that is a different matter (have
this problem with NetBSD/i386 as well)

There is one big new feature that I would like people to test.
The csc and ptsc drivers in these kernels run with interrupts enabled and
should work fine with multiple devices.
I have done some testing and can reliably run say 3 find processes on
three different SCSI devices simulataneously without any problems.
Note: There are no speed improvements but the kernel should not hang
around
waiting for the drive seeks etc. and with interrupts going we can now
pursue DMA.

Cheers,
				Mark