Subject: Re: Cumana card, info from Power-tec people?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kjetil Bernhard Thomassen <thomassk@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/16/1997 19:01:35
> From: dah103@york.ac.uk
> Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 13:55:35 +0000 (GMT)
>
> Given that (IIRC) PowerTech have written a RISC OS driver for the Cumana
> SCSI card (and called it PowerROM IIRC), couldn't someone ask them about
> it?

I talked to Alsystems (the company behind Power-tec), and they
said that the PowerROM for the Cumana SCSI-2 card was still only
at a fairly basic state in development.

They also said that they will not release the PowerROM for the
Cumana SCSI-2 card. I don't remember the exact wording, but the
point is that they do not want to upset Cumana.

I did not ask them about the address etc., but since they are
not releasing the driver, I doubt that they will be of any help
in this respect.

The actual software for the Power-tec systems is actually made
by Partis (Gary Partis's company).

I hope this information is of any help.

I have sent a copy of this email to Alsystems so that they will know
what I have said and be able to correct it if I have said something
incorrect.

Kjetil B.