Subject: Cumana & SCSI
To: RiscBSD List <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Strawson <B.Strawson@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/15/1997 01:30:14
Although I have a very good background in computing, I am fairly new to
the Acorn scene, so don't know too much about the specifics of the Acorn
expansion card system, but...

Would it be possible to work out the necessary Cumana related information
from probing around in the hardware.  I gather that this has been done for
other bits of hardware - is the Cumana more difficult?  OK, you run a
risk of wiping areas of drives connected to the card, but is this
feasible?  I am sure commenting on the feasibility of such a project does
not break the NDA.

I'd give it a go myself if I knew if it were likely I'd find the right
things, and knew a little more about the podule system.  I guess the
chance of finding the necessary information is low or otherwise someone
else would have suggested it.  If we only discovered a few vital items
about the card it may persuade Cumana to release information on the items
we didn't find out about...

Just a thought whilst waiting for this file to download....:-)

Ben.

Ben Strawson                                            b.strawson@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Department of Computer Science
University College London           http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/students/b.strawson