Subject: Re: SCSI disks for news server
To: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
From: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/14/1997 14:58:18
> If you only have one SCSI disc then you can enable interrupts for the SCSI
> cards (need to compile a kernel with PTSC_POLL set to zero (see
> podulebus/ptscvar.h) and this will improve the latency etc.

  Presumably this is only for the powertec card.

  Any chance of a csc.o with this enabled?

btw. As far as csc.o goes. Does the NDA cover just register locations?
Would it be possible to put this into a small .o file and have the rest
of the driver as source code so that we don't need a new csc.o every few
weeks?

   Just a thought.

Ale.