Subject: LaTeX (Was: )
To: RiscBSD List <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Strawson <B.Strawson@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/14/1997 14:03:40
On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Roland_Schaufler wrote:

> does anyone know, if there's already a LaTeX-port for Risc-BSD?
> (I'm asking, cause I'm not very experienced in proting things
> to BSD)

There used to be a port contributed by one of the kernel team, however
this was for RiscBSD-1.1 and does not work under the current release,
RiscBSD-1.2.

I have done a port myself, which was not too difficult once I managed to
get all the bits.  Sometime I will try and make up a distribution set to
put on ftp.ph.kcl.ac.uk if no one else beats me to it.

> If not, why? (Does anyone know then , how hard it is to port it?
> What is necessary to do it?)

Easy - get systems/unix/unixtex.ftp from your nearest CTAN site:

    Host                        Internet address        TeX root dir
    ----                        ----------------        ------------
    ftp.cdrom.com               165.113.58.253          /pub/tex/ctan
    ftp.tex.ac.uk               134.151.44.19           /tex-archive
    ftp.dante..de                128.69.1.12             /tex-archive

...and then follow the instructions.  I seem to remeber I only came across
one problem (something getting declared twice I think), which was easy to
fix.

Ben.

Ben Strawson                                            b.strawson@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Department of Computer Science