Subject: Re: SCSI disks for news server
To: Duncan Ferguson <d.ferguson@worc.ac.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/12/1997 14:42:37
On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, Duncan Ferguson wrote:

> Any suggestions on what SCSI card to use, or 9 gig disks?
>
> May as well try to get this right from the start ;o)

Hi,
  Ok as things stand at the moment the two SCSI cards that are
likely to significantly improve soon are the Cumana and powertec driver.
Hopefully the connect32 driver will improve as well but currently there
are difficulties regarding interrupts as they are not used under RiscOS
and as yet no one can tell me how to enable them.

As to 9 gig drives any ones should work. I don't know of any SCSI drivers
that do not work with the SCSI cards.

Cheers,
				mark

Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk
Research Associate			http://www.ph.kcl.ac.uk/~amb/
Department of Physics			tel: 0171 873 2894
King's College London			fax: 0171 873 2716