Subject: Re: RiscBSD News Server
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/10/1997 13:23:25
On Jan 10,  1:04pm, Duncan Ferguson wrote:
> Subject: RiscBSD News Server
>
> Just an idle question really.  Now i have INN running on my machine i
> have been asked whether or not i can turn this into a proper news
> server (after sticking in a 9 gig disk and so on).
>
> What problems would i have?  The drive will probably have to be
> SCSI (no ide spaces left).
>
> This is a 710 with an etherh card in it.

Well, it is possible but if you're going to try for a full feed I wish you
luck. Its the first time its been attempted with RiscBSD and running a full
news server on any architecture is a good way to make your average moderately
stable OS go belly-up on a regular basis :-) That said I'm sure that the kernel
team will be happy to help with trying to fix any bugs you turn up in the
process.

Cheers

Rob