Subject: setdisplay (was: Re: Some general questions)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/06/1997 16:22:24
Hi Mark!

In message <Pine.SGI.3.91.970103170301.6145H-100000@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
          Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

> > try /usr/local/bin/setdisplay - it's not actually documented any where tho
> > ;-) note that you must specify -d /dev/vidcvideo0 other wise it's a bit
> > wierd. use something like:
> >
> > /usr/local/bin/setdisplay -x 1280 -y 1024 -m /etc/monitor.conf
> > 			-d /dev/vidcvideo0 -c 16
> >
> > or setdisplay -h
>
> man page is coming soon.

It should also be more verbose IMHO.
It didn't change modes last time I tried and I'm not sure why, probably my
fault. Maybe my monitor.conf doesn't contain enough modes or something.
So it should tell if it succeeded or if it failed and why.
You can also make the sourcecode available (btw, why not check those utils in
to the NetBSD source tree?) and I'll try to make the changes myself.

MB