Subject: Re: Adding more swap space
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/05/1997 17:31:34
On Sun, 5 Jan 1997, Markus Baeurle wrote:

> But what's the use for swapon then? Why is the option in the bootloader
> supposed to work and swapon definitely gives a "device not configured"?
> Swapping in NetBSD is a special thing though, I'm afraid...

All swap devices to be used have to be declared at boot time (i.e. via
the boot loader or compiled into the kernel.
swapon is require to actually enable the use of the swap devices.

Cheers,
				Mark

Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk
Research Associate			http://www.ph.kcl.ac.uk/~amb/
Department of Physics			tel: 0171 873 2894
King's College London			fax: 0171 873 2716