Subject: EtherH "not configured"...
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Rutter <chris@collegium.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/04/1997 23:45:40
Hi,

 I have just recently got an I-cubed internal "NIC" card for the RiscPC,
with BNC and CAT connectors. This is working fine under RISC OS. However,
I wanted to add this to RiscBSD. So, on booting up RiscBSD, I saw that
"netslot0: I-cubed ..." was reported, but later "podule8: not configured".

 Anyway, I created a valid /etc/hostname.eh0, ran /usr/sbin/local/rcm
and tried again, to be told "SIOCGIFFLAGS: device not configured" during
boot-up. Hmm.

 I tried "ifconfig -a", and eh0 was not listed. Apparently, the "eh0" device
does not exist anywhere on the system! Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Chris.
--
 // Chris Rutter <chris@collegium.co.uk>