Subject: SA and ATAPI CDROM (newbie question !!!)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas Boroske <y0001006@ws.rz.tu-bs.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/04/1997 04:59:39
Hi !!!

Just tried to install RiscBSD (1.2 Release) _from a CDROM_ I got
from a nice chap.
Everything worked well until we were on the point where you have
to mount the cdrom.
The install quide (which is quite old, I know) said you had to use
something like

mount -r -t cd9660 /dev/scd0 /cdrom

where /cdrom is the mountpoint and /dev/scd0 is the cdrom device driver,
I guess (???).

Problem is, its an ATAPI cdrom, which was detected during boot as acd0
or something, so we went looking for that in /dev, but it wasnt there.

I believe ATAPI support is a function of the kernel used (?), but we were
unable to find information about the different kernels (the kernel we used
was SA110-4740).

Questions:

1. Is there an SA kernel that has ATAPI support ??? Where ?
2. Where do you have to lool for new kernels (ftp) ?
3. Is there anything wrong with using version 1.2 release ?

Many thanks for any answer.

Yours,

--
Thomas Boroske