Subject: Re: Adding more swap space
To: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/03/1997 20:52:28
On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, Jasper Wallace wrote:

> Bad news I'm afraid... you have to compile a kernel to add a second swap
> space partition...

Not entirely true

You can have multiple swap= options in the bootloader and a kernel
with generic swap will pick them up.

i.e. add the option swap=/dev/wd1b to the extra options field in the
bootloader. Then the swap specified in the swap field will be found first
and then the second swap device will be added. You can do this for up to
3 swap partitions.

Have not tried this for a long time so I don't know how well multi swap
partitions will work ;-)

Cheers,
				Mark

Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk
Research Associate			http://www.ph.kcl.ac.uk/~amb/
Department of Physics			tel: 0171 873 2894
King's College London			fax: 0171 873 2716