Subject: Re: Some general questions (xdm)
To: Sergio Monesi <msergio@mbox.vol.it>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/03/1997 21:41:06
On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, Sergio Monesi wrote:

> In message <9701021554.ZM23857@picasso.me> you wrote:
>
> > > Another thing about xdm, when I do a reboot if it is running, the machine
> > > will not reboot, but will either put me into debuging mode, or completely
> > > lock the machine.
> > Odd.
>
> I recently tried to use xdm too, and if I do a 'shutdown' when xdm is running
> the system goes down correctly but the 'reboot countdown' stops at '1' and I
> have to use the reset button.

Ok the machine hanging at the end of the reboot count is a new problem
that has recently appeared. I found that going back to a kernel built
from the NetBSD source then the problem disappeared. Is this occuring
with home built kernels or just the ones I have put on line recently.

Cheers,
				Mark

Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk
Research Associate			http://www.ph.kcl.ac.uk/~amb/
Department of Physics			tel: 0171 873 2894
King's College London			fax: 0171 873 2716