Subject: Re: SA kernel hangs while initialising keyboard
To: Adam Gundy <adam@impala.demon.co.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/03/1997 21:43:20
On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, Adam Gundy wrote:

> > WHen you say stay on do you mean that they pulse quite fast continually ?
> > or are they solidly on ?
>
> the lights on the keyboard pulse when the kernel hangs. Unfortunately
> it's difficult to repeat - leaving the machine on for 5 mins then booting
> usually does the trick, except when you _want_ it to hang... ;-)
Ok this is a known problem that sometimes occurs. The problem is the
keyboard does not respond to the reset command quick enough so the kernel
re-tries the reset. This end up in a loop retrying and timing out etc.

It is on my fix it list. Basically I need to clean up the reset code,
extend the timeout and reduce the number of loops.

Cheers,
				Mark

Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk
Research Associate			http://www.ph.kcl.ac.uk/~amb/
Department of Physics			tel: 0171 873 2894
King's College London			fax: 0171 873 2716