Subject: Re: SA kernel hangs while initialising keyboard
To: None <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
From: Adam Gundy <adam@impala.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/02/1997 20:38:23
In message <9612211818.ZM9210@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk> you wrote:

> >If I boot into RiscBSD after my machine has been switched on for
> >a while ( ie more than 5 minutes ), the kernel will hang while
> >initialising the keyboard - all the keyboard lights come on, then
> >stay on...
>
> WHen you say stay on do you mean that they pulse quite fast continually ?
> or are they solidly on ?

firstly, sorry for the delay in replying - I tried to have 2 weeks
with no computer over Xmas (I didn't succeed...)

the lights on the keyboard pulse when the kernel hangs. Unfortunately
it's difficult to repeat - leaving the machine on for 5 mins then booting
usually does the trick, except when you _want_ it to hang... ;-)

actually the best way I've found is to really *need* to boot BSD in a
hurry...

seeya,
 Adam.
--
As the year 2000 approaches, the carefully planned Millenium 'bug'
begins to manifest itself in the computing job market...