Subject: Re: New FAQ
To: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
From: Neil A. Carson <Carson@rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/02/1997 17:49:51
Hi,

On Thu 02 Jan, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > 9) What's the current take on Hydra support ? What works and what dosen't
> > ? I suspect the kernel team will have to answer this.
>
> To the best of my knowledge the code is already there, how well tested I
> don't know, depends whether the kernel team have had their hands on a
> hydra yet.

We've got a couple of Hydras; some code is present to allow things to be run
on an older iteration of the Hydra, but things haven't really gone anywhere in
the last year. At the moment, moves are afoot within the NetBSD community as
a whole to incorporate multiprocessing into the OS, so there is little point in
us trying to duplicate their work.

The whole Hydra project is at a bit of a standstill at the moment from Simtec's
point of view; they are presently lacking motivation a bit. If people still
geniunely would like a cheap, ukp150 consumer Hydra multiprocessor, contact
Simtec (e-mail info@simtec.demon.co.uk, phone 01772 812863) and tell them.

	',

	Neil

--
* Neil A Carson (Carson@rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk)
* The Royal Military College of Science, Shrivenham.