Subject: Re: New FAQ
To: <>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/02/1997 15:56:03
On Tue, 31 Dec 1996, Amit Gupta wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Hope you all had a nice Christmas.
>
> I'm back and have *provisionally* started work on a new FAQ.
>
> In order to complete it (and assuming people think it's worth going
> ahead), I need some input from folks here. Mark and Rob could answer all
> of these questions but I suspect they might be too busy :
>
> 3) Does povray run correctly yet ? I recall that it used to coredump.

Last time I tried it wouldn't work (I think it attempts to use linked
libraries, something not supported yet)

> 7) Is there any 16-bit sound support yet - either a simple beep or full
> audio ?

Something was released recently that was a patch on the source to allow a
16 bit beep.

> 9) What's the current take on Hydra support ? What works and what dosen't
> ? I suspect the kernel team will have to answer this.

To the best of my knowledge the code is already there, how well tested I
don't know, depends whether the kernel team have had their hands on a
hydra yet.

> 10) Does MudOS compile successfully under gcc 2.7.2.1 ? Has anyone tried ?

I can't say whether mudOS compiles, I can say that CD LPmuds (v CD.04.03
and CD.04.05) compile with 2.7.2.1 p1 on the SA, (you have to use yacc
though, bison seems to give up)  I can provide a set for it if people are
desperate to run a mud.

Cheers,

Chris Gilbert