To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/29/1996 23:39:24
Hi Rob!

In message <9612171038.AA14821@gos.ukc.ac.uk>
          Rob Warner <rcw2@ukc.ac.uk> wrote:

> I'm having a couple of problems with RiscBSD 1.2.  I've got all the sets
> installed, and it all seems to work okay until I try and do anything that
> needs a lot of memory (like X or compiling), when I get something like:

[Snip]

> I can't see any reference to the swap file in /etc/fstab, but adding one
> didn't seem to help...
>
> any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

As others often also do, you're giving very little information so it's hard to
help you.
What does RiscBSD say while booting? Some info about swap is given there. You
can view it later with dmesg.
How much swap did you allocate at installation?
How much RAM do you have?
Which kernel and X server are you using?

You're not necessarily doing anything wrong. But it seems crashes like the one
you are experiencing only happen under some circumstances, especially with
little physical memory. Of course they shouldn't happen but the problem has not
been found yet.

Bye for now, Markus