Subject: Mounting DOS media (was: RE: some problems...)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/29/1996 23:28:55
Hi there!

In message <01BBEB81.0A5E95A0@204a.cyberline.fr>
          Mirko VIDOVIC <mirko@cyberline.fr> wrote:

> >Whats the zip formatted to? if it's msdos try:
> >mount -t msdos /dev/sd0c /mnt/zip
> >make sure the /dev/zip directory actually exists
> That's why I've done but it doesn't seem to work :-(

Well does mounting DOS media work for anybody?
Can anybody who must know tell us whether it is supposed to work or not?
I mean DOS floppies work but I doubt one can conclude from that for disk-type
things like MOs, phasechange-media or ZIP disks, especially as floppies don't
have a partition table AFAIK.

I tried to mount a phasechange-medium formatted with Adaptec's afdisk (maybe
this makes a difference) some time ago as either /dev/sd1a or /dev/sd1c and got
similar errors.

So long, Markus