Subject: Re: Serial port; Kernel compile problems
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/28/1996 03:26:06
Hi Mark!

In message <Pine.SGI.3.91.961223222000.16691C-100000@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
          Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

> Initially I had put this does to a fault  with my serial hardware but if
> other people are experiencing it may be the problem lies else where.
>
> One question .... Is this specific to SA110 kernels or not ?

Since when is this supposed to happen? Only for 4871 or maybe before?
I think I didn't experience with a self-compiled kernel made on Nov 26 though.

Btw, last time I tried to compile a kernel it crashed at an early stage (sorry
don't remember where).
>From reading the source changes mailing-list I suspect it might be down to the
fact that an MI change was made to allow more than 7 devices on a SCSI bus.
Changes were made to asc.c, cosc.c, ncr5380sbc.c and ptsc.c by Jason Thorpe, so
I suspect we need (yet another) new version of csc.o.

But I'd prefer if somebody from the kernel team used this chance to ask Cumana
if they have finally made up their mind wrt to the NDA.
This incident adds another argument for the removal of the NDA, doesn't it.
The NDA has given a lot of inconvenience to me as a Cumana user anyway.

Happy New Year to all of you!

Markus