Subject: SA kernel hangs while initialising keyboard
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adam Gundy <adam@impala.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/21/1996 16:32:29
Hi...

If I boot into RiscBSD after my machine has been switched on for
a while ( ie more than 5 minutes ), the kernel will hang while
initialising the keyboard - all the keyboard lights come on, then
stay on...

This makes rebooting a real pain, 'cos I have to switch the machine
off for 15 minutes and make a cup of tea ;-)

my machine is an RPC600 16Mb RAM (two SIMMs) with a 'bugged'
StrongARM. I'm using the SA4871 kernel (which seems to be less
likely to hang then 4740).
I've got a Cumana SCSI II card with a hard disk (which I don't
use under BSD) and a CD-ROM ( which I do ). The CD-ROM drive seems
to initialise at about the time the keyboard is being set up, so
it may be generating an interrupt?

seeya,
 Adam.
--
Real programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it
should be harder to modify. These are all my own opinions.