Subject: Re: some problems, success, questions...
To: Mirko VIDOVIC <mirko@cyberline.fr>
From: Ben Strawson <B.Strawson@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/16/1996 15:28:56
On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Mirko VIDOVIC wrote:

> I also (but I collected it elsewhere) very easilly managed to compile mSQL.
> I works perfectly. I wish I knew where to find an http daemon, in order to
> make funny apps in HTML/PHP/mSQL

Yep - I have mSQL running as well with no problems.  If you want an httpd
then you can get the APACHE set from the RiscBSD site - its in the
1.2-release/sets directory and works nicely.

> The problems I had :
> Many Linux programs looked for an X386 directiry, I created a symbolic link
> to /usr/X11R6.1 and it worked fine...
>
> But !
> Some programs had a -lX11 on the gcc command line. The compilation always
> ended with an error. What's that mess ??? I've been suggested to make a
> symbolic link to X11R6.1 named X11... I'll see.

I guess it can't find the X11 library (libX11) - you could always tell it
where to look by adding -L<dirname> to the link command...ie.
-L/usr/X11/lib...etc.

> I'd like to know wether there's a possibility for me to get a TeX port form
> RiscBSD. If needed, I shall recompile it, hoping I won't have too many
> problems.

I have tried the previously compiled TeX release (done for RiscBSD1.1 I
think)  but the binaries don't work.  If someone can tell where to get the
TeX distribution from then I can put together a version for RiscBSD1.2.  I
seem to remember that one of the kernel team uses TeX, so they may have a
version hidden away,

> I there's a TeX, I'll have to be able to use my HP Deskjet 510 printer. Can
> somebody explain me how I can get it working under BSD ?

That should be easy enough - you just need dvihp or something like that.

Ben.

Ben Strawson                                            b.strawson@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Department of Computer Science
University College London           http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/students/b.strawson