Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: New kernels
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sergio Monesi <msergio@mbox.vol.it>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/14/1996 20:28:40
In message <9612131834.ZM21674@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk> you wrote:

>   Ok a couple of new test kernels are online.

I tried to use sa110-4871 without much success, it dies almost immediately (I
also tried various boot configurations, with or without "Load symbol table",
etc.):

init subsystems: stacks vectors undefined pmap irq done.
ddb: undefined instruction 0x73657264 @ 0xf011a008
process = f0131ca0  pid = 0  comm =
CPSR = 60000013  frame = f012e172
fp->lr = f0101ecc fp->pc = f011007c
trapframe PC = f011a00c
trapframe SPSR = 60000063

[I hope the stuff above is *almost* correct, I can hardly read my
handwriting...]

Assuming the new kernel runs, will it be a bit faster on a StrongARM than
sa110-4740? In fact I feel that the context switch and especially the process
creation is extremely slow, running an sh script that used some [ ] (ie.
'test') was so slow to be completely unusable. I have to admit that RiscBSD
in general use seemed faster on my old ARM610 than on my new StrongARM...

Regards,
Sergio

--
Sergio Monesi...