Subject: Re: RiscBSD Dialup Networking
To: Mike Pumford , RiscBSD <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/10/1996 19:43:41
>If no one in the kernel team is working on improving the serial device
>driver then perhaps I could send my modified one to somebody for
>inclusion into the kernel source tree.
I am looking into the serial problems (The ibuf overflows in particular) and
think that I may have a solution. You could send me your patches in any case as
there may be still reasons to include them.

>I would be interested in continuing work on enhancing the device drivers
>part of the kernel. The catch is that the only piece of hardware I have
>got is an Acorn SCSI card for which the driver is already quite well
>developed.

Well there is room for improvement. The Acorn scsi driver does not utilise it's
local DMA controller on on board RAM yet. Using this would significantly
improve performance. Alternatively the routine that does the xfer from the
controller at the moment could probably be seriously improved (Possibly with an
assembly version of this routine).

Cheers,
				Mark

--