Subject: Installing RiscBSD...
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Rutter <chris@collegium.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/08/1996 14:06:34
 I just downloaded all of the RiscBSD sets yesterday, in 1.2-release,
along with the bootloader and inst12.fs.gz. I've unpacked it all, and
the kernel seems to start fine. However, there is a problem.

 I'm trying to install to a SyQuest (ID 0) via a Cumana SCSI-II card
on a StrongARMed RiscPC. I configure swap device to sd0b, single user
mode, and boot. The ram disc loads. I enter all the info about the SCSI
disc I want to install to, and then it starts out all the newfsing and
stuff. However, pretty much immediately after it starts disklabling, I
get a kernel panic with "biodone already". Then, on reboot, when it
tries to initialise the swap device, I get the same kernel panic with
"biodone already".

 Can anyone suggest a fix?

Cheers,
Chris.