Subject: Re: RiscBSD News Group
To: None <nigel.parker@iee.org>
From: Ben Dooks <ben@fluff.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/06/1996 20:08:06
you (nigel.parker@iee.org) recently scribbled:

> On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Art Sobel wrote:
>
> > THe vast majority of the mail I get is from the RiscBSD mailer demon
> >
> > ISN"T IT TIME TO CONVERT TO A NEWS GROUP???????
>
> I agree.  How do you go about setting up a newsgroup?  If it's not
> moderated I would have thought it would be relatively easy.

Depends. if you want an alt.xxxx newgroup, you need to discuss it in
alt.config, and then issue the necessary control message for the newgroup
and hopes someone dosen't try to remove it (alt.comp.doggysoft was an
example)

all the other heirarchies require an independant vote procedure with
various pass and time margins.

I suggets alt.comp.riscbsd

--
Ben Dooks, ben@doggysoft.co.uk |    We'll take our hearts outside. Leave