Subject: Re: FAQ maintainer
To: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
From: Amit Gupta <93akg@eng.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/04/1996 17:39:23
On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Jasper Wallace wrote:

> AFAIK Neil is the current faq maintainer - I'd be happy to do it for the
> three weeks your away.

Thanks - Kjetil and Ale have also expressed support. Needless to say we
will first need the nod of Mark/Rob/Scott/Neil/anyone else...

If they agree then I suggest Jasper maintains the FAQ until December 29,
which is when I get back.

In the meantime (and depending on whether the kernel team do give the nod)
any suggestions for what people would like to see in the FAQ would be
welcome. Some of the answers do appear to be rather dated; for example,
the FAQ claims that the A7000 port isn't finished and that StrongARMs are
not yet available.

> The problem is that the faq will get very large quite quickly. Something
> like a 'Most frequently asked questions' posted bi-weekly (rising to weekly
> after shows, articles being writtern in magazines etc...) and a weekly
> summary of changes to the main faq(s) might be a better idea.

I would also agree that (as Ale suggested) we post the FAQ to
comp.sys.acorn.announce every fortnight or so. This would among other
things make more people aware of the existence of RiscBSD.

> And all linked into web pages etc...

Talking of which : anyone for being web-maintainer ? :-)

This is something which AFAIK Manar intended to do but never got time. It
would be one less thing which Mark has to do.

amit