Subject: Re: YAHM (Yet Another Help Message)
To: None <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
From: None <NetBSD@dl6hbo.gag.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/03/1996 19:03:23
Hi Jasper Wallace,

> On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Ale Terlevich wrote:
>

> > > /:create /symlink failed, no inodes free
> > > tar: could not create file .profile : no space left on device
> > > UID 0 on /:file system full
> [snip]
>
> Are you trying to install some sets after booting with a ramdisk? by default
> inst will try to install them to / - the ram disc! (I did this once - similar
> symptoms to above) - change the install root directory to /mnt (or where
> ever your root partition is mounted)

I had the same problem when trying to install the old 1.1 Beta sets with a
StrongARM aware kernel (4702) and the old inst-11-fs script.

After having succeeded to download the new inst-12-fs and setting nbuf=500
in !BtRiscBSD's extra options field everything worked fine.

Rainer Schubert
--
... The future is like the present, only longer.