Subject: Re: ATAPI ???
To: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/02/1996 19:22:10
On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Mark Brinicombe wrote:

> >Hello everybody !
> >Why can't I get my ATAPI Toshiba 8x CD drive recognized under RiscBSD 1.2 ?
> >What should I do in order to do it ?
> >
> >Any help would be appreciated !
>
> Probably because the ATAPI driver is still alpha stage and is experimental.
> Exactly what happens ?
> I assume you get the link atapibus0 at wdc0
> then anything from the CDROM drive on the following lines ?
>
> Exactly what model CDROM is it ? Various CDROM drives have quirks that
> sometimes need to be catered for in the driver.

On this note  - where can we get the source to compile our own kernals with?
I've got a 4CD auto changer which i suspect may make life for the drivers a
little interesting...

--
Jasper Wallace-Internet Vision | Caving-Acorn-RiscBSD-Chocolate-Banks-Fish
My opinions != IVisions's      | PovRay-FVWM-Perl-C-Mono-Food-Wired-?