Subject: More SA110 STM^ bugs ...
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/02/1996 16:15:47
Hi,
  It has come to my attention this last weekend that the STM^ bug on the SA110
still lurks in the released kernels. The work around for this hardware bugs was
implemented in all the main kernel code but a couple of STM^ instructions were
lurking in the ARM FPE core that were not fixed. It is possible that these
could result in binaries crashing on StrongARM kernels dues floating point
operations.

So far I have only managed to trigger the bug with these instructions by
building a profiling SA110 kernel so it is unlikely to affect normal operation.

As soon as I have fixed a couple of things that I 'accidently' broke over the
w/e I'll get a new SA110 kernel out for folks to use.

Cheers,
					Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk