Subject: Re: 1.2 release of GNAT?
To: Martin Wuerthner <wuerthne@grimm.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/02/1996 16:11:09
>The first non-trivial file I tried to compile using GNAT caused it to crash
>with a "Translation fault" (followed by some debugging messages from the
>kernel). GNAT then reported that it had received a fatal signal 11.
>
>I compiled a "Hello World" file OK, so GNAT seems to be installed correctly.
>
>Perhaps this is a kernel problem? However, I hope that a new release of
>GNAT might cure the problem.
>
>(I am using kernel SA-4740 with 16+2M of memory)

Most likely its gnat. I am not mainting gnat so it is dependant on a 3rd party.
Neil (or was it Pete Burwood) build the gnat 3.03 distrib on line so I expect a
new version will not appear until one of them ports a new version.

If this is a problem that has appeared since switching to a SA110 then there is
a possible kernel problem (See my next post).

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk