Subject: Re: Math library development stopped
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Voss <voss@yoda.in-berlin.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/02/1996 10:55:44
In message <199612012153.WAA09081@ra.pvv.ntnu.no>,
     Kim G. S. \yhus wrote:

> I have for over a 1/2 year tried to develop a fast
> GCC based math library for the ARM processor, under
> NetBSD.
>
> I have now dropped this project.
>
> The reason for this is that no compilable version
> of GCC has been available.

Sorry, I don't get this. Do you miss a working gcc or the gcc sources?

RiscBSD has always had a development system which includes gcc. Mark just
put a gcc patch set online a few days ago. I'm sure that this set has been
compiled under RiscBSD from the NetBSD current source tree (probably with
some additions/patches from the arm32 specific source tree).

> I am sick and tired of trying to compile GCC without
> success on my RiscPC. I have no problems on my hp735
> or PCs.

I'm still confused. Would your math library be a replacement for
/usr/lib/libm.o? If yes, why do you try to (re)compile gcc? Just install
the comp, gcc and gdb sets.

> Bye.
>
> Kim0              M.Sc. Physics.   Unix administrator.

Regards,
   Stefan

--
Stefan Voss