Subject: Re: still having problems
To: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
From: Robert Malcolm Speed <R.M.Speed-iq2j9367@lmu.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/28/1996 11:11:07
Morning.....

I tried :-

mount /dev/wd0a /mnt

that returned the error message:

ffs: /dev/wd0a on /mnt: operation not supported by device.

This is a normal 850 Conner, have I got the setup wrong (again) or am I
attempting to be the best martian at getting BSD to work.

I download 1.2 but can't for the life of me get it to unpack, tried
ARCFS, Sparkplug, gunzip (ver .2? and .40) but it comes back with errors
from sparkplug, arcfs does nothing with it, and gunzip moans about it not
being a gzip file.

on addition the kernals in the 1.2 release directory will not unzip but
the ones in the 1.1 will, yet I download them in the same manner.

Gunzip just leaves them along, I try filetypeing to &20 an &21 or leave
them as DOS (I download via netscape at Uni onto floppies).
I must have downloaded them about 5 times but the result is the same every
day, and as other people have not mentioned any problem I assume the files
are not corrupt in anyway

Anyone else know what I'm doing wrong ?

Rob S.