Subject: Postgres95
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Millen <dmill@globalnet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/26/1996 23:06:45
Hi all,

I have managed to compile what appears to be a fully working version of
Postgres95.

It is currently running with a 'test and set' subroutine written in 'C'
where Intel(?) assembler was used in the original source. If Acorns used
680x0 chips, I would have been able to rewrite this in assembler, but
I'm not sufficiently versed in ARM :-(

Also references to dynamic loading (a-la-Whinedoze '.dll' files) have
been removed, as I understand that RiscBSD does not support dynamic

If anyone is sufficiently interested and familiar with SQL, Postgres or
ARM assembler to test/develop this port, let me know.

As I have found no problems in half a day's testing, if there is
sufficient interest, then I will submit the current version for
inclusion in the 'contrib' section.

Regards,

Dave.