Subject: Unixfs / Kernel Config
To: RiscBSD <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Howard <mick@teuto.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/23/1996 08:43:06
Goog morning all,

Thanks again for all the help regarding file transfer / unixfs.  I'll just have to re-partition the disc.

In the meantime regarding Kernel configuration (which brought about my query in the fisrt place), I hve the following probs;

I have transfered the sys source tree from NetBSD-current and the netbsd-patches using floppys.
They extracted without problem but the sys.kern patches all seem to fail with rejects.
The original files are newer than the patch files, does this mean that I do not need to apply them?

I edited the GENERIC config file but when running the config command on the new file, using my machine name,
I received the following errors;

	HOMIX:5: cannot open ....std.arm32 for reading:
	HOMIX:9: syntax error
	HOMIX:9: cannot proceed without machine specifier

The std.arm32 file exists with the following permissions (-rw-r--r--).
I'm using the version of config from the 1.2 sets and it is date stamped 30 Sep 96.
In an earlier response Mark (Brinicombe) said I would need the general patches to the config
but as there weren't any in the netbsd-patches file I haven't applied any.

And finally...

I still haven't achieved a native boot.  I copied a kernel to /netbsd and selected the native boot option.
Every time I boot I get the error;

	bad filecore bootblock
	7
	Filecore boot block checksum failed

This is the same message I was receiving whilst attempting to use unixfs,  is this problem also related to the fact that I'm using a dedicated disc for the partition?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers Mick.

--
Mick Howard : Herford (++49 5221 270783)