Subject: Re: EtherH bug?
To: Edward Nevill <enevill@arm.com>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/22/1996 13:21:33
On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Edward Nevill wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get the following message when I do intensive NFS activity.
>
> EHDEBUG: Remote 16 wasn't finished
>
> after which the machine freezes.

This caused by a buggy ethernet driver - I've got a very crude patch for it,
which I beleive should be in the latest kernels. If you want I can e-mail
you a kernel with the patch in it - it has nfs, eh and the powertec scsi
drivers in it, and not much else (not even msdosfs!) - Ahhh just remembered
- it dosn't have strongarm support (I don't have one). If you want I can
mail you the diffs and you can patch and compile your own kernel.

(technially the patch makes the driver more buggy wrt actually receiving
packets - but it dosn't hang the machine anymore!)

> I am using an I-Cubed etherlan 600 10baseT card.

me too.

> Has anyone else seen similar behaviour? Is there a fix?

yes & yes, see above.

--
Jasper Wallace-Internet Vision | Caving-Acorn-RiscBSD-Chocolate-Banks-Fish
My opinions != IVisions's      | PovRay-FVWM-Perl-C-Mono-Food-Wired-?