Subject: Re: unixfs bug
To: Bevis Peters <bevis@apg.ph.ucl.ac.uk>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/20/1996 18:03:07
Bevis Peters writes:
 > I mentioned this problem a few months ago. Occasionally, I find that files
 > are corrupted when copying from unix to riscos. It is not repeatable, as
 > far as I can see, but it seems to be more likely to happen when a large number
 > of files are copied across, as opposed to one very large file. Since
 > re-copying the file across sorts it out, I've never considered it to be a
 > major problem.

Do you notice major corruption, or just a few bytes ? If just a few
bytes is there a relationship between the source and destination (eg
top bit cleared)?

 > Bevis Peters, bevis@apg.ph.ucl.ac.uk

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
"Around 200 American tom-boys discovered the very same vaccine, I'm