Subject: Re: Curious ??? / Installation almost fixed in less than a day !
To: Mirko VIDOVIC <mirko@cyberline.fr>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/19/1996 12:58:21
Mirko VIDOVIC writes:
 > >The csc driver doesn't change the card termination settings that
 > >RiscOS sets up. Try terminating the bus (externally to see if things
 > >improve.
 > Well well well : I put both an external and an internal terminator and I
Do you have a *physical* terminate internal as well as the card's
termination, if so this could mean you have 3 terminators on the bus
(not good).

 > now have a funny scrolling message (too fact to be read) When it crashed
 > yesterday I could read something like "SCSI reset from Bus" or
something

This seems to occur when the bus is empty *and* badly temrinated.

 > like this...
 >
 > I can't even get to prompt, now. What can I do ??? Help !!!!

1. check your termination
2. put it back to how it was and live with the pause ;-)

 > Cheers !
 >
 > Mirko

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
"He who controls the spice controls the universe"