Subject: Re: Mirrors
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/17/1996 17:57:41
Hello Mark!

In message <9611071111.ZM5562@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
          "Mark Brinicombe" <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

> NetBSD/arm32 snapshots could be made available on netbsd mirrors etc. but
> every one using RiscBSD uses a complete RiscBSD distrib that is available
> from other sites.

Hmm, not sure if this is necessary, because as you said RiscBSD is more than
what would normally be put on the netbsd sites.
It should however be stressed more clearly how RiscBSD is available. There
should at least be a link from the list of supported architectures on www.
netbsd.org to the RiscBSD WWW pages. Alternatively we might put together some
pages to be put on www.netbsd.org.

> Ok eventually I may sort seeing if the whole RiscBSD distrib could move to
> netbsd.org but currently this is not top of my to-do list.

Oh no, please don't. It's much too slow, it's often even difficult to get a
connection at all. Mirrors may be several days behind.

> Also my feeling would be that moving the distrib to netbsd.org the whole
> distrib should be named NetBSD/arm32 as it perhaps starts confusing things to
> have something called RiscBSD there as well. However RiscBSD is now very well
> know as a distribution of NetBSD and I would not want to change that.

I think it's common understanding that RiscBSD is NetBSD/arm32 plus additions
like X11 and binary packages.

Markus