Subject: Re: Urgent Help Required
To: RiscBSD List <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Strawson <B.Strawson@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/17/1996 02:23:36
OK, thanks for everyone's help.  Sadly I think the disk got well and
truely done in and I haven't managed to recover anything.  I did look
with a sector editor, but although it could see the riscbsd partition, I
couldn't search for what I wanted...

Anyway, it will teach me to backup more often, and I guess I'll have to
spend the next two days getting back to where I was.

On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, Mark Brinicombe wrote:

> >The system is a RiscPC600 with 24Mb DRAM, 2Mb VRAM, 1Gb SCSI Drive on
> >Cumana Card of which 600Mb is RiscBSD, and a 400Mb IDE drive.
>
> Isn't it rather slow running of the cumana SCSI card ? ;-)

It's not ideal, but actually once X has got going and I have used it for
a while it's not too bad.  I guess there is enough memory for it to cache
most of what I use.  I was going to get another IDE disc for RiscBSD, but
really want to leave the other IDE connector free for a CDROM drive (SCSI
ones are soooo expensive), and also those SCSI drivers are almost
finished...aren't they? :-)

Ben.

Ben Strawson                                            b.strawson@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Department of Computer Science