Subject: Re: Fwd: Mouse problems
To: RiscBSD List <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Strawson <B.Strawson@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/17/1996 02:14:59
On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, Mark Brinicombe wrote:

> I am having problems with quadrature mouse driver in X.
>
> The driver is present in the shell, but doesn't appear to
> work with X, any ideas?
>
> I'm using RPC700 OS 3.6 Kernal bsd-4626.

I could be wrong but...

I seem to remember having to change the permissions of the device file in
/dev (/dev/quadrature is a symlink so it is whatever that points at).  I
changed the flags to make sure everyone could do anything to it, which
although not the perfect solution, did the job; I am sure someone will
tell you the absolutely correct settings for maximum security etc., but
that should get you going...

Unfortunately I have just managed to trash my RiscBSD partition, so I
can't check until I reinstall it all (early next week I hope).

Ben.

Ben Strawson                                            b.strawson@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Department of Computer Science
University College London           http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/students/b.strawson