Subject: Re: Urgent Help Required
To: Ben Strawson <B.Strawson@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/15/1996 13:56:40
Ben Strawson writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Could someone send me a full version of fsck from the release sets, or
 > put one of an FTP site for me to get?  Would this even help?

You should already have the full version.

 > Could it be something else is wrong, such as the bootblock?

If your disklabel is corrupted or can't be found then this might give
a similar error message.

 > The system is a RiscPC600 with 24Mb DRAM, 2Mb VRAM, 1Gb SCSI Drive on
 > Cumana Card of which 600Mb is RiscBSD, and a 400Mb IDE drive.
 >
 > Thanks for any help you can give -

The first backup superblock is at 32, the rest are dependent on disk
geometry and cylinders per group. There is an argument to newfs (-N) that
will return the backup offsets but will not actually creating the file
system.

 > Ben.

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
"Alllllriiiigghttiiieeee then"                              - Ace Ventura