Subject: Diagnostics
To: <>
From: Alex McLintock <Alex.McLintock@chadwyck.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/15/1996 10:26:29
This may be yet another dumb question from me but:

might it be possible to create a perl or shell script diagnostic tool which
checked for the common faults. I am thinking of the old "MSD" for Dos PCs.

It could (perhaps) check what hardware is available, what drives are mounted
where, amount of swap, number of allowable processes.

Such a script would be helpful to someone like me who has used unix boxes for
ages but has never supported one myself. It would also be helpful when people
report bugs, or ask for help. They can give the output from this program as
reference.

Alex MC