Subject: Re: problems...
To: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
From: Wolflord <nnzrik@unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/14/1996 16:59:35
On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Scott Stevens wrote:

> nnzrik@unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk writes:
>
>  > Oh. Just tried UnixFS again, it will mount the / and /var single
>  > partition using the 'MountHD4a' file, but it won't mount the /usr
>  > partition using the 'MountHD4e' file anymore.
>  > It gives me the error:
>  > 'Error when reading UnixFS:$ - INODE not found' in a dialogue box, and
>  > 'cache_read():ufs_bread failed' printed onto the background
>  >
>  > Anybody any ideas, or can throw any light on the problems..
>
> Well since / works then unixfs is successfully found the disklabel. Is
> the /usr partition definitely 'e' ? Are you trying to mount the /usr
> partiton on top of the /usr mountpoint in / ? If so then this doesn't
> work. Just load unixfs and run mounthd4a.
> --
> Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
> LISTER: What's so big about being human?
> RIMMER: Listy, don't knock it till you've tried it.   - DNA, Red Dwarf IV

Right, I'm now running the kernel 'prot-4704' and the pmap_enter messages
have disappeared together with the inode ones. Still can't get UnixFS to
access the /usr partition. I don't know if it is definately e or not, but
it worked when I copied all of the sets across.

If I use the MountHD4a file - the /usr directory is empty, as with the
other mount-points.

Do I have to reformat and start again with the prot-4704 kernel (whats the
difference between that, and the voyager one?), or can I get UnixFS
working again?

I've also had to create a link in '/usr/local/lib' called X11 to
'/usr/local/X11R6.1/lib' for fvwm to run properly, are these directories
in the correct place?

Thanks..
	Rich
       http://www.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk/~nnzrik