Subject: New rootdiscs
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Wood <MEW@kben.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/14/1996 15:31:12
Hi,
	Just to let you know I installed (first time) 1.2 last night using the
new rootdisc that Mark uploaded yesterday and a StrongARM kernel, and...
Lo & behold it all went through without any major problems at all.  The only
problem I had was that !BtRiscBSD seemed to default to a 60 Hz refresh when
I was running at 75, once I noticed this and was able to read what was on the
screen it all went very smoothly.  I have so far only installed the basic sets
(I will download the rest of the stuff when i can /borrow/ some of the
bandwidth at work), but can boot a multi-user VT100 environment without any
problems.

	Not having tried it before, I don't know how much difference the new
root disc makes, but it might be worth a try for some of the people who seem
to be having problems.

		Mike Wood