Subject: Re: Creating a StrongARM Bootdisc.
To: Daniel Brown <crp02@holyrood.ed.ac.uk>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/14/1996 12:56:35
On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Daniel Brown wrote:

> > > Dear Folks,
> > >
> > > Just spent the last little while trying to get RiscBSD up and running on
> > > the RPC. I've been following the 1.1 instructions, replacing bits and bats
> > > with the SA-aware 1.2-release kernels, and inst images.
>
> > does flopwrite say things as it writes the disc? - and the killer question -
> > did you unzip the disc image?
>
> bs = 9216 bc=160 of=0
> 160 blocks written

fine...

> Yeah - the image unzips to the full 1.44Mb. The problem I'm having, I
> think, is getting RiscBSD to even try to load the image - it doesn't get
> that far.

Just a hunch - Some people had floppy drives that had the switch on the back
in the 'wrong' position (it worked under riscos).

(does the floppy drive light even come on? what does it say in the boot
messages (should be something about fd0 at mainbus: <stuff>)

--
Jasper Wallace-Internet Vision | Caving-Acorn-RiscBSD-Chocolate-Banks-Fish
My opinions != IVisions's      | PovRay-FVWM-Perl-C-Mono-Food-Wired-?