Subject: RE: Set description file
To: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
From: Peter Berg <Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/13/1996 21:09:39
> Hello Peter!

> > > It might be worth to take a look at FreeBSD's pkg_manage.
> >
> > I don't think this is necessary, because they do nothing else then 'our' inst
> > program does.
> > Just on a other way, I think.
>
> And why do you want to rewrite the whole thing although there already is one,
> freely available under BSD licence???

If you are not the only one who says that this is absolutely needed, I can
take a look
at it. I have the complete FreeBSD sources on my system and it should not be
complicated to port the PKG_packages. (in fact I tried it some time before,
but decided
to stop this because we have the inst script).

If we *all* want to change to pkg_*, then I try to port it.

Ciao, Peter

E-Mail: Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de
WWW   : http://www.ww.tu-freiberg.de/~pberg