Subject: Re: Other installation problems
To: Vincent Lefevre <Vincent.Lefevre@ens-lyon.fr>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/12/1996 15:17:11
On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> Here are a few problems :(
>
> 1) ps does not work. I get the following error:
> /netbsd: No such file or directory

You need to copy the kernel your booting from the root directory as a file
called netbsd - i.e. /netbsd . Programs such as ps look at this to work out
where in the running kernel they can get information from.

> 2) I don't have a /dev/audio (even after ./MAKEDEV all).

Neither do I, nor anyone else I suspect - audio support is currently
indeterminate.

> 3) My screen does not support 16bpp modes under X, whereas under RISC OS
> it's OK. Note: I have chosen the same MDF in RiscBSD and in RISC OS.

Are you using setdisplay? is your monitor defination file in
/etc/monitor.conf? what X server are you using?

> 4) The X man pages are compressed. Why aren't they automatically
> uncompressed during the installation?
> What is the fastest way to uncompress them (in particular, the
> symbolic links)?

They are uncompressed when you look at them. Once uncompressed they should
(i bleive) be copied to */man/man[n] from */man/cat[n] - this however dosn't
appear to work.

--
Jasper Wallace-Internet Vision | Caving-Acorn-RiscBSD-Chocolate-Banks-Fish
My opinions != IVisions's      | PovRay-FVWM-Perl-C-Mono-Food-Wired-?