Subject: Re: ARM Linux
To: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/12/1996 13:00:16
>I don't know how the variable types are defined under Linux ie whether
>you can get signed char problems under ARM-Linux as well.

I cannot say for sure but I would expect them to be unsigned as unsigned chars
are more efficient on the arm. A lot of Linux software was written for
Linux/i386 and made assumptions on things like signed chars. Only recently have
other Linux ports appeared so lots of Linux software may be just as broken for
ARMLinux as it is for RiscBSD in this respect.

A lot of software uses the GNU autoconfig method of configurating packages.
This approach makes it easy to build on just about any system

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk